- You the data subject/consumer
- The Data Controllers, our customers
- The Data processor is Perseuss BV (“Perseuss BV”) for our platforms.
- The Data controller Perseuss BV in case you visit our general company webpage(s) as a data subject
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect. All are subject to who & what you are visiting on the Persuess websites or platforms.
The Perseuss platforms are intended for our customers and only accessible via a (customer/company) login. In most circumstances you will be visiting our websites as a company employee and not as consumer/ data subject. The general Perseuss websites are accessible for everyone and only contain general company information and basic communication functions: information on our services, contact information & forms.
Nevertheless in this policy we prefer to be transparent on our data use and your privacy.
1.1 Information from Customers
- Account Information. When a sign up for a Perseuss Account, we require certain information such as you’re your company, name, email address, etc.
- Authentication-Related Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we collect the usernames & passwords or other authentication related information
- Communications with Perseuss. When you communicate with Perseuss, we collect information about your communication, information requests, transaction and any information you choose to provide.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Perseuss Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Perseuss Platform.
1.2 Information We Collect from the Usage of the Perseuss Platform
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Perseuss Platform, such as the pages or other content you view, your searches for Listings, transactions, you have made, and other actions on the Perseuss Platform.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of the Perseuss Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, zip code) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the Perseuss Platform, even if you have do not have a Perseuss Account or are logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Perseuss Platform (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with using the Perseuss Platform.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your transactions on the Perseuss Platform, including the date and time, transaction performed, and other related transaction details.
1.3 Information We Collect via our Customers & Third Parties
- Data Subject data. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, we receive additional information about data subjects, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third parties and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about these data subjects. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from other service providers like airlines, identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts.
- Third Party Services. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, the location a data subject logged in from or language settings that can be used to decide what region your transaction is coming from.
- Other Sources. NOT APPLICABLE
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT (PURPOSE)
2.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Perseuss Platform
- Enable customers to access and use the Perseuss Platform.
- Enable customers to communicate.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Perseuss Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and/or conducting research.
- Personalize or otherwise customize customer experience by, among other things, ranking scores, transaction history, and preferences.
- Enable customers to access and use our Services.
- Provide customer service.
- Send customers service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by our customers and their data subjects (such as to verify your transactions).
- Conduct checks against logical databases and other relevant information sources.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Perseuss BV terms of service and other policies.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing
- Send customers promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to them based on your communication preferences (including information about Perseuss or partner campaigns and services).
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Perseuss or third party business partners.
3. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
3.1 With Your Consent
We may share your information at your direction or as described in our Terms & Services, such as when you authorize consent, access our Services via your Perseuss Account or when you choose to submit your information via a contact form.
3.2 Other Public Information
Information you share publicly on Perseuss Platforms may be indexed through third party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-in/out of this feature in your Account settings. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not always update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
3.3 Service Providers
3.4 Perseuss Customer Services & marketing
Perseuss may share your personal information to: (i) provide the Fraud Services, (ii) facilitate your use of the Perseuss Platform, and (iii) jointly market products or services to you with other third parties with whom Perseuss has a formal agreement and after customer consent.
3.5 Safety and Compliance with Law and regulations
Perseuss may disclose data subjects information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Perseuss, (ii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iii) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service or other agreements with Customers, (iv) for fraud investigation and prevention, risk assessments, customer support, product developments and debugging purposes, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Perseuss, its employees, its Customers, or members of the public.
We will attempt to notify customers about these requests where possible unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Perseuss’s property, its Customers and the Platform (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”). In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact if we determine, in good faith, that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
3.6 Business Transfers
3.7 Aggregated Data
We may also share aggregated information (information about data subjects) that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and non-personally identifiable information for industry & market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and other business purposes.
4. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
4.1 Analyzing your transactions
We may review, scan, or analyze your transactions on the Perseuss Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product developments, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze transactions, contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze transactions to debug, improve, and expand products. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some transactions, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your transactions to send third party marketing materials to you, and we will not sell data subject transaction data.
4.2 Data Storage & Retention
We store the data we collect on our websites no longer than necessary in order for our website(s) to work properly for our visitors. Our website is mostly intended for our customers but occocianally consumers will pass by. Via our website we collect and store data provided via our Contact & information request page and process & store this data for the time needed to handle the request properly. In our webpage logs we store logdata for a short period of time in order to keep the website up and running and functioning as intended. These website logs are cycled automated & periodically in order to provide normal services to our customers & visitors.
On our fraud platforms, intended for our customers, to perform their fraud checks, risk assessments, investigations, product developments, research, and customer support purposes we store & retain data according to the data processing agreements we have in place.
We store the transaction data we receive from our customers initially for  year (this is generally no longer than necesarry). We automatically clean these records every quarter. In case our customers indicate that the transaction data has been used in other fraud cases (within the first year) we keep the fraud data for a longer period:  years so the data can support other fraud cases. It is our experience that fraudsters return within a few years and mostly keep their habits.